[luci] First LuCI Release: 0.8.0

Jo-Philipp Wich xm at subsignal.org
Di Okt 14 01:10:56 CEST 2008

Hi.

Today we tagged the first LuCI release, 0.8.0. This means that from now on, OpenWRT builds
will use the 0.8.0 release by default. This version is intended for inclusion in the
upcoming OpenWRT 8.09 RC1 release.

The main features of this release are:

* System configuration for opkg, processes, mount points, ntp, configuration backup,
  firmware update and others
* Service configuration for dnsmasq, dropbear, httpd, dynamic dns and others
* Network configuration for wireless, interfaces, switch config, firewall, qos, dhcp,
  routing and hostnames
* Multi language support. Currently available translations are english, german,
  portoguese, french and russian
* Additional components for olsr, tinyproxy, samba, collectd, uvc-streamer, ushare, p910nd
  and hd-idle
* and several others

Release packages for manual installation will follow soon!

What's on the roadmap now?

Improvements of Internet Explorer compatibility over the next releases. It currently
suffers from layout problems on the web interface pages, we already work on resolving this
problem.

We begun to work on Freifunk support again and it is mostly complete - but currently only
available in trunk. It will be part of the upcoming 0.9.x release series.

Integratation of more network related software like OpenVPN, Asterisk, IPSec and others is
planned or worked on - any help on this is really appreciated.

Long term plans are advanced IPv6 and meshing support.

We hope this project is useful to you and we'd like to thank all people who contributed
code, feedback or suggestions so far, it really helped us to improve this project!

Greetings,

JoW & Cyrus
LuCI Developers