[luci] Running kernel modules in LuCI

Станислав Федоров fedorovstanislav at mail.ru
Di Sep 2 14:34:36 CEST 2008

Hello all,

To perform some actions with target hardware memory I had to use Linux kernel modules that write/read something in its memory.
For example. I have kernel module named action.ko that performs some action with hardware -- writes something to it's memory (readw(), writew(), ...). How can I run this Linux kernel module when user presses button on created LuCI Web UI page?

LuCI New page => User performs action on this page (press button) => Running Linux kernel module action.ko

What steps should I pass to realise this? I really had to do kernel memory access via Linux kernel modules.

Thanks for advise. Any help will be appreciated.

Stanislav