[luci] A few beginner questions

Tim Merrifield tmerri4 at uic.edu
Fri Apr 10 00:51:42 CEST 2009

Hi,

I've started working with Luci and I have a few questions...

1.) When I make changes to a controller (for instance the
myapplication/luasrc/controller/myapp/mymodule.lua described in the
Modules How To) what additional steps are need to push these changes out?
The documentation makes it seem like I should see these changes
immediately via the browser. But the only way I can get this to work is to
stop the web server and restart it using "make runhttpd". Maybe the better
question is, what is the development process like? Am i missing some
compilation step?

2.) Can someone give me a high level explanation of the different parts of
Luci? What is happening behind the scenes? What happens when a user tries
to access a page?

3.) I can't seem to tell what the difference is between an application and
a module. Can someone explain the difference here or point me in the right
direction?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

-Tim