[luci] Essentials and Administration webpages - separate log-ins

Paul dubliner paul.dubliner at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 17:04:29 CEST 2009

Hi all -

Sorry if this has been covered before, I didn't find anything on the forum,
but I have been looking at trying to set-up the webserver so that there are
2 separate user name/password logins - one for logging in and only seeing
the Administrator webpages and a separate second log-in that when used
allows only access to the Essential webpages.

Been looking at the code for 'sysauth' and I have seen that for both Admin
and Essentials the username 'root' appears hard-coded in the scripts for the
log-in webpage and for the 'page.sysauth' for the index entry for both
'mini' and 'admin'.

Q1. can someone suggest the best approach for going about creating these
separate logins?

Q2. has someone actually done this all ready and I have simply overlooked
it?

Many thanks

Paul