[luci] How to communicate with the Json Rpc API

Clemens John clemens-john at gmx.de
Fri Aug 21 15:29:42 CEST 2009

Sorry for this question. I didn´t knew that RPC is a protocoll that needs a
special client.
Maybe you shold mention this in the howto for people who never worked with
such things.

Because I´m developing with Php I used the Client from http://jsonrpcphp.org/

My Code example to get the hostname of a router is:
require_once './lib/classes/extern/jsonRPCClient.php';
$auth = new jsonRPCClient('http://10.18.0.11/cgi-bin/luci/rpc/auth');
$token = $auth->login('root', 'yourpassword');

$sys = new jsonRPCClient('http://10.18.0.11/cgi-bin/luci/rpc/sys?auth='.
$token);
echo $sys->hostname();

I hope this might be usefull for others who have this question.

Bye
Clemens