[luci] Question on luci-fw

ZioPRoTo (Saverio Proto) zioproto at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 11:57:19 CET 2009

>> Think as an example of iptables rules having as a target NFQUEUE and
>> you have to specify --queue number
>
> Nice, is this intended for QoS?

No is for custom packet alteration. I have student working on this.

He sends packets to userspace, makes deep packet inspection
(antivirus, ciphering... anything) and then injects packets back to
the Kernel.

The student right now is not working on the packet alteration, we just
want to measure how much time it costs to push packets out of the
kernel and kick them back in ... all this on embedded device running
OpenWRT.

Of course we want to make a nice LuCI web interface for this :)

As soon as we have some code usable we are going to release :) I'll
keep you updated.

Saverio