[luci] Essential module

Steven Barth steven at midlink.org
Thu Feb 5 10:15:34 CET 2009

Hello,

> I have a few questions about the essential module:
>
> -          Can I disable the full module and use only the essential?

Yes, you can if it provides enough functionality for you, either by
uninstalling it or building your own image without luci-admin-full.

> There might also be a bug in the essential module. When I want to use
> the client mode, I get the following :
> <QUOTE> Value "wan" of option "wireless.cfg0383e0.network" is not
> defined in enum { "lan", "loopback" } </UNQUOTE>
Thanks for noticing, its probably a bug that only affects devices with no
preconfigured wan-interface. It's fixed in SVN. You can workaround this by
creating a new interface, named "wan" with protocol none / disabled in the
full module under Network -> Interfaces and hit save & apply. then you can go
back to essentials and it should work.

Cheers
Cyrus