[luci] [dev] luci config reload and services

opengemini at free.fr opengemini at free.fr
Tue Feb 17 14:23:16 CET 2009

hello list,

I developped a few services and their related luci cbi controllers (namely rsync
daemon, cvs server, svn server, samba server) for my box.

Everything works fine exept that now I added a new one, xinetd which starts the
rsync,cvs and svn services only on demand.

I use cbi models with the "cbi/tblsection" template.
In order to have the services linked to the "Save & Apply" button of the web
interface, I  have such entries in the ucitrack file :
config 'rsync'
   option 'init' 'rsyncd'

For the xinetd service to work, I disabled for example the rsync service so that
it does not conflict at boot with xinetd (/etc/init.d/rsync disable)

The problem is that I still want to be able to change the rsync service settings
but when I change them, the luci call back first checks if the service is
enabled and dies if not. So the /etc/config/rsync file is well updated but it
does not trigger a /etc/init.d/rsync reload for me to update files like a
/etc/rsyncd.conf.

Is there a better way to implement what I want ? Should I modify some templates
? I could not find the right documentation or howto especially about the links
between the luci web interface and config files triggering.
By the way, what is the effect of the "list affects" keyword in the ucitrack
file ?

Fred