[luci] 0.8.2: HTTPD error: "sh: /sbin/luci-reload: No such file or directory"

Paul dubliner paul.dubliner at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 17:46:37 CET 2009

Hello All -

I wish to use the development environment of LuCi and have followed the
steps described to the point where when I 'make runhttpd' the webserver is
running and I can access the webpages. So far so great!

However, I have been having a recurring problem where, for example, if I
access the 'User Interface' webpage, select an alternate language or
template, and select 'save and apply' I get the following error:

   Point your browser to http://localhost:8080/luci
   sh: /sbin/luci-reload: No such file or directory

I am concerned that the webserver is looking in /sbin on my Host - I would
not be so surprised on a embedded target.

I have tried this with 0.8.2 and again with the current Trunk on a Debian
machine. A friend tried the same on an Ubuntu machine with the same results.

We may have missed a step along the way and was wondering if someone can
help if they have already successfully done something similar on Debian -
can you please explicitly describe the steps involved, bearing in mind we
already followed the steps described on :

http://luci.freifunk-halle.net/Documentation/DevelopmentEnvironmentHowTo

Many thanks!

Paul