[luci] LuCI -> JavaScript data exchange

Christoph Pilka christoph.pilka at googlemail.com
Wed Jul 8 11:38:33 CEST 2009

Hi folks,

i'm coding on a LuCI vis module for BATMAN topologies. All works fine, but
how to pass data from LuCI code to JavaScript? I've parsed the whole topo
into a simple vis {} table and need exactely this table in my JavaScript
part. Actually I'm putting the topo data into

luci.template.render("batman-advanced/visdata", {vis=vis})

and copy&paste the output into the JS code for testing ;-). In JS it's a
simple

var JSON = [ //copy&paste the vis {} output// ]

So what I need is to tell JS to access the vis {} table directely. Any
hints?

Greets,
Chris

--
"Privacy in residential applications is a desirable marketing option." (ETSI
EN 300 175-7 Ch. A6)