[luci] How to update Dir-300 without loosing seetings ?

Bluse h2o-post at gmx.net
Wed Jun 17 10:28:26 CEST 2009

Hi all,

I started to play around with the Dir300 as Freifunk node.
Looks good and we will adapt our srcipts to deliver some input for the
Luci interface.

Oen question I had is how to update the firmware to a new release without
loosing the seetings:

While doing the following update, one will loose all settings:

mtd -e vmlinux.bin.l7 write openwrt-atheros-vmlinux.lzma vmlinux.bin.l7
mtd -e rootfs write openwrt-atheros-root.squashfs rootfs
reboot

Sysupgrade does not to be supported.. so any ideas ?

Bye Bluse