[luci] SimpleForm Handler and ListValue options

Paul dubliner paul.dubliner at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 18:40:42 CEST 2009

Hi -

Been looking at the SimpleForm and trying unsuccessfully to manipulate the
options that appear on a drop-down menu dynamically - that is, where a user
makes a choice when the webpage is returned to them the list of options in
the drop-down has been changed to show different options.

Using the SimpleForm in a Model/CBI file and not a html template as I have
other webpage elements using the UCI.

For example, a basic example, much simplified - if the user selects OFF from
the drop-down, the next time they see it , the drop-down offers ON as an
option but OFF is gone - the form handler has changed the options list.

My problem is that the options list of ListValue is rendered the one time
and does not change - do I need to bring this list inside the form handler?
How to do that?

Any help would be great!

Thanks

Paul

f = SimpleForm("my_form", "my_form")

local theoptions = f:field(ListValue, "_stuff", "Your Options")
    theoptions:value("")
    theoptions:value("hot","HOT")
    theoptions:value("cold","COLD")
    theoptions:value("off","OFF")

function f.handle(self,state.data)
     if data._stuff == "OFF" then
         --I want to add the option "ON" to the dropdown and remove "OFF"
    end