[luci] Question about translation

Lars Hardy lars.hardy at gmail.com
Tue Dec 7 15:07:25 CET 2010

Hi.
I see that not all translations strings are included in the
base.pot/base.po files. When I do a ./build/i18n-scan.pl
modules/admin-full/,  it contains some new, and some removed strings.
My question is if I can use the output of ./build/i18n-scan.pl
modules/admin-full/ as the "base.pot" and update the translation ?
Or maybe this causes problems when merging new strings etc. to the
base.po files?

In addition the strings:
#~ msgid "Essentials"
#~ msgid "Submit"
Is marked out in the base.po, but they are in use and should be included.

Under wireless, there is a string named: msgid "Back to overview"
I'm not sure if it's in use but a resembling string (with capital O)
"Back to Overview" is missing.
And also under wireless a string for "Join Network" is missing.

I find  these 2 strings in the firewall.po is quite difficult to
translate, maybe someone can explain the meaning?:
(it's the "on this host" and "on the client host" thats a bit confusing)

msgid ""
"Match incoming traffic directed at the given destination port or port
range "
"on this host"
msgid ""
"Match incoming traffic originating from the given source port or port
range "
"on the client host"