[luci] Developer info / Documentation

Carlos Garcia-Sierra cgs at dosmaracas.org
Thu Feb 4 21:15:32 CET 2010

Hi Guys,

I am new to this forum. Found Luci as a nice alternative (from a
implementation point of view) as a very nice option for PacketProtector.

So I have some general questions, as I get started:

a) Developer stuff. Is there any documentation regarding contributing to the
project? I have downloaded the latest code from SVN, and I am in the process
of setting up LUA, as I am also new to that environment, but seems somehow
easy as it looks very similar to C and Modula which I have
used extensively in the past. I would like to understand if there is a
specific environment for debugging and testing that does not involve using
an actual router. (So rebooting, reprogramming, etc) is not necessary.

b) Any documentation on how to setup OpenVPN? I can not find a place where
to start the service. I had this running under PacketProtector/WebIF2

c) One of the main reasons I am using PP is Dansguardian, but seems like it
is not supported by Luci. Is there an ongoing activity to support it? If so,
I would like to contribute to that activity rather than starting something
from scratch.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
-CGS