[luci] a validation problem

Ugur Dogru udogru at ubicom.com
Tue Feb 9 17:42:02 CET 2010

Hi,

I am trying to write a validation function for start and limit fields in dhcp page.
for now, there is no limit to add a new dhcp range and you can add ovarlapping ranges.
To disable this, I wrote a validation function like that:

start = s:option(Value, "start", translate("start"))
start.rmempty = true
function start:validate(value)
	local result = true
	m.uci:foreach("dhcp", "dhcp", function(d)
		local dhcp_start = tonumber(d.start)
		local dhcp_end = tonumber(d.start) + tonumber(d.limit)
		if tonumber(value) > dhcp_start and tonumber(value) < dhcp_end then
			result = false
		end
	end)

	if result == false then
		return false
	end

	return value
end

Problem is if you are updating an existing dhcp range, it checks itself and fails. How can I solve this problem?

thanks
~ugur