[luci] How to program a custom file upload

Chillifire contact at chillifire.net
Thu Feb 11 08:39:58 CET 2010

Dear All,

I am quite familiar now with creating CBI config screen and custom views.
However, I now want to include a custom file upload field and I am lost. I
tried to understand the code in the flash firmware screen, but I got
cross-eyed.

Can one of the developers for documentation purposes outline how to include
a file upload function into a Luci screen, and how to save the uploaded file
somewhere onnthe router. Ideally, the file upload should have a file size
checking function prior to the actual upload to protect the innocent.

Any input welcome.

Thanks

Hanno Schupp