[luci] Please help with validating unique vlaues

Chris Martin chris at martin.cc
Mon Feb 22 03:23:23 CET 2010

I have a requirement to validate some input data to make sure that it
is unique, unfortunately I don't seem to be able to see a way forward.

I want to be able to check that the VLAN Id's are unique.
Obviously I will need to use a validate function associated with the option.
But how do I manage to access all the un-validated data to check the
unique-ness against all of the entered VLAN Id's
I haven't seen this done in any of the existing CBI scripts

In the mean time, I'm re-reading uci.lua to see if I can get a clue there

Anything is appreciated.  I seem to be stumped

Cheers