[luci] Luci Modules

Chris Martin chris at martin.cc
Wed Jul 21 16:37:33 CEST 2010

William ..

I still do most of my development on openwrt 8.09 where the lua source is
still in text.
I edit the files directly (usually via a sshfs).  I think that there is a
property somewhere in menuconfig in the 10.3 and trunk that stops the
parsing so that text source is used similar to that way that it is in 8.09

On the issue of ensuring that two uci properties are kept in sync, I would
probably hook the value.write() function and update the second value
directly when the first is written.   You will find example of hooking the
write function when setting the hostname and timezone.

sorry for not being more specific...  I don't have a development system with
me right now..  If you need more detail I will post tomorrow - assuming no
one else has any better ideas

cheers
Chris Martin
m: 0419812371