[luci] make runhttpd error on trunk

Jo-Philipp Wich xm at subsignal.org
Mon Nov 22 10:51:55 CET 2010

Hi Chris.

> I am new to luci development. I want to write a small luci component to
> control the irrigation systems.
>
> I check out a fresh copy of the luci svn trunk.
>
> Just type "make runhttpd" will eventually give me the following error.
> BTW, I checkout the stable branch and the same command works there.
>
> Any suggestions?

The trunk SDK is currently broken because iwinfo must be replaced with a
stub on the host, I hadn't time to look into that yet. For the best simulation of
a target environment I suggest to run OpenWrt/x86 in qemu or VirtualBox.

http://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/howto/qemu
http://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/howto/virtualbox

> BTW, is there any examples of how to add a new component/app?

There is a quickstart guide here:
http://luci.subsignal.org/trac/wiki/Documentation/ModulesHowTo

However for more advanced stuff you have to borrow from other existing
components. Two examples which mix traditional config and system calls
are vnstat and wol:

http://luci.subsignal.org/trac/browser/luci/trunk/applications/luci-vnstat/
http://luci.subsignal.org/trac/browser/luci/trunk/applications/luci-wol/

HTH, Jow