[luci] LuCI view controller, and bmx6 luci moule

Pau hakais at gmail.com
Sat Apr 9 18:11:51 CEST 2011

Hi people.
This is my first mail to this mailing list. I'm Pau from Barcelona (
guifi.net), last week I was in sublab, maybe some of you can remind me.
Well,we are developing an OpenWrt based firmware for quick mesh deployments.
The main freature is going to be the "out of the box" system. Where the user
does not need knowlatges about networking.

I'm working with the LuCI interface, trying to adapt it to our requirements.
We need one thing that seems not suporrted by LuCI system. We need control
over the existing modules and where are them showed in the web interface.
For instance, the OLSR module in placed here:
luci -> admin -> status -> olsr

And we need to put it here:
luci -> qmp -> olsr

The only way I found is editing the olsr.lua code, and modify the entry()
function. But with a system upgrade or something like this the changes will
be lost.
Also we need to control if a installed module must be shown or not.

However, I am also developing a bmx6 luci module (I know jow is also working
on it, maybe we should work togheter). And for this  module I have
implemented the following freature:

/etc/config/bmx6
config bmx6 luci
    option ignore 0