[luci] Again about names, howto writing modules and some other questions

Arconas arconas at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 10:34:11 CET 2011

Hello everyone.

I have a problem with writing the test module.
Following the instructions I create directory "controller" and subdirectory
"myapp" in applications/myapplication/lucisrc/
After that create a simple file mymodule.lua (as well as in the instruction)
and write simple code:

"module("luci.controller.myapp.mymodule", package.seeall)
function index()
entry({"click", "here", "now"}, call("action_tryme"), "Click here",
10).dependent=false
end

function action_tryme()
luci.http.prepare_content("text/plain")
luci.http.write("Hello World T_T")
end"

make runhttpd.... waiting some time and go to *
http://localhost:8080/luci/click/here/now

Error message -
No page registered at 'click/here/now'

I was trying clear index file in tmp dir, make clean && make runhttpd
MODULE='applications/myapplication'. *But the result is the same.
How to make the controller code work and show simple page?

And another question.

Suppose there is a need to slightly change admin page. Remove unnecessary menu
items or add a special section for our device. Where are the necessary
controllers, models and viewers ? I tried and still trying to sort out how the
system works, but it's more like shooting blindly.

P.S Sorry for bad english =(
* *