[luci] Customizing menus

chris at martin.cc chris at martin.cc
Fri Nov 18 00:48:19 CET 2011

On 18 November 2011 04:10, Frank Parker <mr.frank.parker at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 8:52 AM, Jo-Philipp Wich <xm at subsignal.org> wrote:
>
> >> -rw-------    1 root     root        11079 Dec 29 15:28 luci-indexcache
>
> Jow, thanks again for the quick reply!
>
> So I made a change to /usr/lib/lua/luci/controller/mini/myapp.lua to
> change the menu name from "MyApp" to "Foo".  Then I deleted /tmp/
> luci-indexcache and reloaded http://192.168.1.1/cgi-bin/luci in the
> browser but nothing changed.
>
> After a reboot, the menu was changed.
>
> Haha, i guess i will be doing some boot-stress testing on this router!  :)
>
> Any other ideas?  Shoot them to me otherwise this is not a big deal.
> Don't waste more time on it.
>
> -parker

Its been a while since is needed to do this
but I think that you can enable/disable caching in the luci config file

to disable caching try running:

    uci set luci.ccache.enable=0
    uci commit luci

or by changing the value to 0 directly in /etc/config/luci.

If I remember correctly you have to be running a latter version of luci
I don't think this works in 8.09