[luci] Dependencies and ListValue

Christian Gagneraud chris at techworks.ie
Thu Jul 5 13:05:12 CEST 2012

On 05/07/12 10:14, Conor O'Gorman wrote:
> On Wed, 2012-07-04 at 19:29 +0100, Christian Gagneraud wrote:
>> Hi there,
>>
>> I'm trying to have a ListValue whose values presence within the list
>> depends on another option (a ListValue as well).
>>
>> So this is how I'm doing:
>> tmp1 = section:option(ListValue, "tmp1" , translate("TMP1"))
>> tmp1:value("", translate("-- Please select --"))
>> tmp1:value("one", "One")
>> tmp1:value("two", "Two")
>>
>> tmp2 = section:option(ListValue, "tmp2" , translate("TMP2"))
>> tmp2.override_depends=true -- This doesn't help!
>> tmp2:value("test1", "Test1", {tmp1="one"}, {tmp1="two"})
>> tmp2:value("test2", "Test2", {tmp1="one"})
>>
>> And I would like to have no choice for tmp2 when tmp1="", 2 choices when
>> tmp="one" and one choice when tmp1="two"
>>

> I put that code into a model and it worked for me, using the bootstrap
> theme. But when I tried on the standard openwrt theme, the page gave an
> error. The code to implement the dependencies is in full_valuefooter.htm
> which uses deps and subdeps.

Hi Conor,

I tried changing the theme, but it makes no difference here.
Then I tried my test code in a brand new file, and i discovered that the
problem appears only when using the table template (section.template =
"cbi/tblsection").
If i comment out this line, it works as expected both with bootstrap and
openwrt themes.

I had a look at full_valuefooter.htm and tblsection.htm, but to be
honest it all look Chinese to me.

My bet is that tblsection template implies cell_valuefooter.htm instead
of full_valuefooter.htm. And looking at cell_valuefooter.htm I can see
that it doesn't care about subdeps, which, AFAIU, is used by
ListValue:value().
I will try to copy/paste stuff from full_valuefooter.htm, but i don't
really understand the code...

If anyone familiar with Luci could have a look at this, I would be very
grateful.

Thx for your help.

Chris

--