[luci] WAN luci, accessing just a portion of it

Jose juans455 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 14:50:56 CEST 2012

with a standard openwrt and luci setup, when browsing through WAN it gets
a forbidden message. i was wondering how can i display some portions of
luci. Just some data that i would like to have available without opening
access to the whole luci openwrt system.

I have currently moved luci to a different port, and created a uhttp entry
for another webserver on the WAN side. unfortunately i have never done any
lua, sgi-cgi-lua and there are very few examples. im a newbie but i have an
overall idea. Would be great if someone can point me in the right
direction, on how to do a very simple cgi lua script hello world, using
similar system to luci. So i can call uci later on from the web.