[luci] module auth and init.d script problems

Christian Gagneraud chris at techworks.ie
Wed Oct 24 21:00:07 CEST 2012

Hi all,

On my system, I use 2 modules:
- admin-full, modified this way:
     page.sysauth = "administrator"
     page.sysauth_authenticator = "htmlauth"
- tmbb, an ultra basic module, configured this way:
     page.sysauth = { "administrator", "operator" }
     page.sysauth_authenticator = "htmlauth"

This way, when logged in as "administrator" I can switch back and forth
between the "basic" and "advanced", while as "operator" I need the admin
password to access the "advanced" panel.

At first it seems to work correctly, but there is one problem, when
"operator" click on a save button the "Applying changes" message appears
and stays there for ever, and the init.d script is never called. When
logged as admin, I don't have this problem.

I'm not sure what/where the problem is, by greping for ucitrack and
luci-reload, i only found a reference to libs/core/luasrc/model/uci.lua
but I can't see anything related to authentication there...

I dug as well into libs/web/luasrc/dispatcher.lua and
libs/web/luasrc/cbi.lua, but i didn't find anything.

Any help or point out would be greatly appreciated.

Chris

--
Christian Gagneraud,
Embedded systems engineer.