[luci] Error when trying to create a new tab

Tek Wiz tx2023 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 9 11:32:42 CET 2013

I am following the instructions of

http://luci.subsignal.org/trac/wiki/Documentation/ModulesHowTo

I could go up to the stage of rebooting the router with
*/cgi-bin/luci/click/here/now*.

For */cgi-bin/luci/my/new/template*, I get the error page:

Failed to execute template dispatcher target for entry '/my/new/template'.
The called action terminated with an exception:
Failed to load template 'myapp-mymodule/helloworld'.
Error while parsing template
'/usr/lib/lua/luci/view/myapp-mymodule/helloworld.htm':
Syntax error in
/usr/lib/lua/luci/view/myapp-mymodule/helloworld.htm:1: unfinished
string near '"'
stack traceback:
	[C]: in function 'assert'
	?: in function 'dispatch'
	?: in function <?:194>

What could be wrong? I followed the steps as written on the web page.

Thanks