[luci] How to show a waiting circle icon?

Tek Wiz tx2023 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 10 15:38:58 CET 2013

I managed to create a button that does a channel scan in AP mode, to
collect the interference and noise results for each channel, activated by a
luci.sys.call in the wifi.lua file.

A second luci.sys.call runs a tool that saves the interference results to a
text file.

A third command redirects to a new page that shows up the channel scan
report.

The problem I have is that the channel scan report shows the results of the
scan before the last one. This can be explained by the second luci.sys.call
running before the channel scan completed.

So how can I make sure that the second luci.sys.call only runs after the
scan has completed, and how to show a waiting circle icon meanwhile?

(The waiting circle icon is the one that appears after the user clicks Save
& Apply on the Wifi tab.)

Thanks