[luci] Luci CBI

Conor O'Gorman i at conorogorman.net
Wed Jan 16 19:45:22 CET 2013

On Wed, 2013-01-16 at 19:25 +0100, Marcos Lois Bermúdez wrote:
> But will be posible to CBI to use other format for particular modules,
> my goal is to parse / generate diferent formats per service, this will
> for example allow me parse some service config files that are broken in
> multiple files, and allow me to update this files manually, and Luci
> will se the changes without need to exec another program to translate
> between formats.
>
> I don't know if it's posible or break the CBI purpose.

You would need to make significant changes, judging by what you say. But
all the code is there, and it's a reasonable OO design.
Whether you need to adjust the CBI classes, or the backend UCI classes I
cannot say, sounds more like the UCI lua classes backend, and that's
just from a rough knowledge of the structure. It will need reasonable
Lua skills.

Thanks,
Conor