[luci] sqlite connection to luci

Daniel Dickinson daniel at cshore.neomailbox.net
Wed Jun 5 19:41:53 CEST 2013

On 03/06/13 10:14 AM, Deepak Agasibagil wrote:
> Hello,
>        I am newbie to this community.
> I have router with OpenWrt running on it and  i am able to access router
> through LUCI interface.
>
> Please guide me on below things
>
> 1) How to associate LuCI with a database.( I didn't found any document
> on this in luci homesite)

Depends what you mean by database.  If you mean an actual possibly large
database then this isn't possible with LuCI.  LuCI does however store
data persistently from the configuration pages using the Unified
Configuration Interface (UCI) which is an interfaces to text
configuration files (look in /etc/config for examples of such files)
though at some point there may be other sources (like NVRAM variables),
if I ever get the time for one of my lower priority project ideas (not
soon).

>      My intention is to provide form on 'view' when a user fills form
> and hit submit button, the data should be stored in database
>     and later i can query the database to retrieve the data stored and
> represent on web page.

That what CBI is for in LuCI (that is representing stored config).

> 2) How to run lua code or functions inside a 'Controller' in LuCI.
>
> 3) And the last one is that, Does LuCI framework supports multiple user
> login?

Not at present.