[luci] about rmempty

Christian Schoenebeck christian.schoenebeck at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 09:59:31 CET 2014

Am 17.12.2014 um 06:41 schrieb ZDC 3305 zsv(赵松):
> Hi
>

> The rmempty default value is true? How to set to false?
>

> I want to modify the default value, because of I don’t hope luci delete the config file option when set text value to blank, is there any other idea without “rmempty”?

Hi,

inside value definition set 'rmempty = false'

<SNIP>
local ena	= ns:option(Flag, "_enabled")
ena.title       = translate("Enabled")
ena.description = translate("Enable/Disable autostart of Privoxy on system startup and interface events")
ena.orientation = "horizontal" -- put description under the checkbox
ena.rmempty	= false
</SNIP>

other option is to modify the .write function to your needs (here I enable/disable autostart of privoxy service)

<SNIP>
function ena.write(self, section, value)
	if value == "1" then
		return luci.sys.init.enable("privoxy")
	else
		return luci.sys.init.disable("privoxy")
	end
end
</SNIP>

Have a look into feeds/luci/applications directory. There are a lot of samples who to use .write and other functions defined inside CBI for various value types