[luci] luci Digest, Vol 76, Issue 10

Deric Panet-Raymond dpraymond at satcomdirect.com
Fri Oct 31 15:04:36 CET 2014

username = section:taboption("general", Value, "username", translate("Username"))

password = section:taboption("general", Value, "password", translate("Password"))
password.password = true

service = section:taboption("general", Value, "service",
    translate("Service Name") )

service:value("1","Service One (A)")
service:value("2","Service Two")
service:value("3","Service Three")
service:value("4","Service Four (A)")
service:value("5","Service Five")
service:value("6","Service Six (A)")
service:value("7","Service Seven (A)")

service.rmempty = false

So when the user selects a Serivce value in the drop-down that has a (A) in the name I want to specify a set username and password in those fields before submitting the form request, I.e on change service set username = x and password = y.  I managed to do this in the validator for service, but while it set the field values after hitting save and apply ( I.e they showed up on the form in the page)  they were NOT written to the uci file unless I hit Save and Apply again, if you refreshed the page before hitting save and apply the values were erased from the form fields.

Thanks,
Deric.