[luci] luci Lua modules

Stephan Hennig sh-list at posteo.net
Thu Jan 14 20:02:44 CET 2016

Hi,

according to
<URL:http://luci.subsignal.org/api/luci/modules/luci.lucid.html>, there
should be a luci.lucid Lua module.  But loading that module fails and
looking at the luci repository, the module seems to have been removed
more than a year ago.  I'm wondering if the module is just gone, or if
it had been replaced by some alternative.  I'm particularly interested
in the daemonize() function.

Another oddity: According to
<URL:http://luci.subsignal.org/api/luci/modules/luci.sys.wifi.html>, the
luci.sys module's wifi table provides four functions

  channels()
  getiwconfig()
  getiwinfo()
  iwscan()

But executing the following command on the command-line shows only one
function:

> root at t2box:~# lua -e "u=require('luci.util') s=require('luci.sys') u.dumptable(s.wifi)"
> getiwinfo       function: 0x9cfce0

Could someone please shed some light on the state and documentation of
the luci.* Lua modules?

Best regards,
Stephan Hennig