[sublab-announce] [Talk] "Visualizing human ancestry using genetic data" (Daniel Falush, Max Planck Institute)

Elbenfreund elbenfreund at DenkenInEchtzeit.net
Sa Mai 21 11:35:07 CEST 2011

FYI - Bitte und gerne weiterleiten :)
wäre schade wenn wir  zu 4 da sitzen.

-----------------

"Visualizing human ancestry using genetic data".

Talk about contemporary data mining on human genomes held by Daniel
Falush, Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Antropology.

The 6 billion bases in each human's genome provide considerable
information about who we are and where we came from but need to be
decoded. In the talk I will describe statistical algorithms that are
used to understand relationships between people based on genetic
variation data and outline some of the challenges and opportunities
provided by enormous new datasets.

* No particiular prior knowledge required.
* Talk will be held in english
* sub:lounge afterwards - Drinks, Music, Socializing [1]

Where: sublab | Karl-Heine-Straße 93 | Plagwitz | Leipzig [2]
When: Thu. 26.05.2011, 19:30 [3]

[1] http://sublab.org/sublounge
[2] http://bit.ly/mmo1By
[3] http://bit.ly/izwphp