[luci] switch config refused to save

Dennis Bartsch dennis_bartsch at hotmail.com
So Sep 7 21:57:38 CEST 2008

hello list,

after playing around for a while with kamikaze/luci on an alix-board I flashed it onto a buffalo brcm-based router to see how far luci is in terms of switch-configuration.

having build a rather complex router with dual VAP WLAN, one bridged with encryption and the other one routed without encryption, 3 zones with suitable firewall-config without even opening a terminal-program, I thought that breaking the switch into more than two VLANs would be the least difficult job to do. but as so often the small thing are the show stoppers.

the switch configuration page refused to save my input. after setting the variables manually by using uci on the console everything worked as expected.

dennis bartsch
freifunk-bno.de

PS: keep up the good work. I think it is a turning-point for openWRT in terms of usability for both the technicians and users/consumers and keeps up the openWRT tradition of doing thing the right way don't do them at all.