[luci] Building LuCI on OS X

Johnny Turpin jturpin at industrynext.com
Mi Sep 24 19:56:01 CEST 2008

I would love to get the dev environment set up so that the LuCI httpd server can run on my main dev machine (Max OS X).

Currently, it looks like most parts are building properly, but for some reason the /host directory is not being built up properly...

The /host directory ends up with a luci sym link  -> ./usr/lib/lua/luci and an empty tmp directory. Its missing the following: bin etc lib sbin usr www

When doing a make runhttpd, the first error occurs when it tries to run host/bin/uci-defaults, because, well, bin is not there:

mkdir -p host/tmp
for i in applications/* libs/* modules/* themes/* i18n/* contrib/*; do cp -a $i/dist/* host/ -R 2>/dev/null || true; done
for i in applications/* libs/* modules/* themes/* i18n/* contrib/*; do cp -a $i/hostfiles/* host/ -R 2>/dev/null || true; done
rm -f host/luci
ln -s ./usr/lib/lua/luci host/luci
rm -rf /tmp/luci-* || true
build/hostenv.sh /Users/jturpin/dev/RouterDev/srcs/LuCI/trunk/host /usr/lib/lua /usr/lib/lua "/Users/jturpin/dev/RouterDev/srcs/LuCI/trunk/host/bin/uci-defaults --exclude luci-community-*"
build/hostenv.sh: line 6: /Users/jturpin/dev/RouterDev/srcs/LuCI/trunk/host/bin/uci-defaults: No such file or directory
make: *** [ucidefaults] Error 127

I will investigate some more, but if anyone else has tried to get the dev environment running on an OS X machine, I would appreciate some hints...

thanks