[luci] DDNS with luci on kamikaze 8.09

Daniel sysrq at gmx.com
Fri Apr 24 21:16:54 CEST 2009

Hello,

I have problems to install the ddns service on kamikaze 8.09.I have
installed the package 'luci-app-ddns' in
Administration->System->Software, but I am not able to find a new menu
which gives me the opportunity to set up my ddns data.

Because of that I logged in with ssh, found the file /etc/config/ddns
and edited it. The file is well documented, which is great.
But unforutantely after making a 'ifdown wan; ifup;' binding my new IP
address to my domain-name does not work.

How should I go on from here to solve my ddns problem?
For example where can I find good 'debugging output' that tell me what
went wrong?

And what is also weird: why there is no new menu entry in the luci
web-interface after I installed 'luci-app-ddns'???