[luci] problems with LuCi Asterisk Webpages, Asterisk-XIP and running with Asterisk 1.4

Paul dubliner paul.dubliner at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 13:08:31 CEST 2009

Morning JoW

Again, thanks for the detailed response - very helpful! - at this stage I
think my main problem is a basic one - I am just not building the
asterisk-xip package!

I am interested at this time in running asterisk with the LuCi webpages
setting it, trying it out and maybe I will be in a position to help with
bugs etc but I think its going to take me a while to get to grips with the
different bits and pieces of it. For now though I have fallen at the first
hurdle -  getting the package built!

I have reviewed the Makefile etc and have tried a couple of things but to no
avail. I feel I have missed something obvious along the way.

Appreciate your time on this! Hope the following makes sense...

Paul

At this time:

1] I had dropped the asterisk-xip directory from the trunk straight into
/contrib/package of my local source for LuCi that is used by the openWrt
build I am doing.

2] It (asterisk-xip) was not built as a package although the application
luci-asterisk is built and included in the firmware.

3] I tried just building a version of LuCI on its own (0.8.2) where I had
brought in both the asterisk application module as well as the asterisk-xip
but it did not work. The asterisk webpages did appear successfully after
'make runhttpd'.

4] I did try with downloading the asterisk tar.gz directly - downloading
asterisk-1.4.22.tar.gz - but not sure where the correct place is to drop it
into.

5] a similar package such as luasocket that also sits in the contrib/..
folder builds correctly, but I haven't found where my problem with
asterisk-xip.

6] I had tried similar steps with a version of the LuCi trunk I had 'svn'ed
down to my build machine but no luck on that either.

-------

Q1: did I miss something when dropping the asterisk-xip folder in? should
there have been a step where a package index file or something is updated to
'see' the new asterisk-xip?

Q2: In the Makefile the PKG_SOURCE name and location is declared but I
didn't see reference to a build location  or location for where the source
for the asterisk14-core etc  - am I misreading the Makefile? what is the
significance of @!TARGET_avr32?

Q3: Can I build asterisk-xip only as a package using a manually downloaded
asterisk 1.4.22.tar.gz? Where should I put this? would it be best to
manually extract it first?

Q4 Is there a recommended sequence of steps in taking the asterisk-xip down
from the trunk and porting into my LuCi codebase you can suggest?