[luci] problems with LuCi Asterisk Webpages, Asterisk-XIP and running with Asterisk 1.4

Jo-Philipp Wich xm at subsignal.org
Mon Mar 30 22:52:43 CEST 2009

Good evening Paul.

> Q1: did I miss something when dropping the asterisk-xip folder in? should
> there have been a step where a package index file or something is updated to
> 'see' the new asterisk-xip?

Run make menuconfig, enable and navigate to
  "Advanced configuration options (for developers)  --->"
and enable
  "Show broken platforms / packages"

You should now see asterisk-xip in "Network  --->" .

> Q2: In the Makefile the PKG_SOURCE name and location is declared but I
> didn't see reference to a build location  or location for where the source
> for the asterisk14-core etc  - am I misreading the Makefile? what is the
> significance of @!TARGET_avr32?

The "@!TARGET_avr32" token just specifies that Asterisk does not work on
the AVR32 platform. It's CPU is MMU-less and therfore not really
suitable for things like Asterisk.

If BUILD_DIR is unset, it defaults to
"build_dir/<target-platform>/<packagename>-<packageversion>".

Also the asterisk-xip package needs a bunch of dependencies from
mainline OpenWrt which are not properly defined atm. In order to
sucessfully build asterisk you have to ./scripts/feeds install at least
the following packages (their names might differ, use ./scripts/feeds
list to search them):

 - iksemel
 - speex
 - postgresql
 - gsm
 - zaptel-1.4.x
 - openh323
 - sqlite2
 - alsa-lib
 - uclibc++
 - libdlna (?)
 - libtasn1 (?)

> Q3: Can I build asterisk-xip only as a package using a manually downloaded
> asterisk 1.4.22.tar.gz? Where should I put this? would it be best to
> manually extract it first?

Just put the tarball in dl/ within the top level folder of your buildroot.

> Q4 Is there a recommended sequence of steps in taking the asterisk-xip down
> from the trunk and porting into my LuCi codebase you can suggest?

No. You did it mostly right, I believe the culprit might be that it's
marked broken which can be circumvented with the options mentioned above.

~ JoW