[luci] Config names in LuCI

Richard McGonegal rmcgonegal at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 02:30:40 CEST 2009

I am trying to add a network interface using admin-full with luci under
openwrt
(select Network, click on Interfaces)

There are already two interfaces on the Interface list: WAN and LAN

If I create an interface called XXX then it works fine
(enter XXX in the bottom left, click on Add entry)

If I create an interface called XXX_01 then I get an error "Invalid input
value"
(enter XXX_001 in the bottom left, click on Add entry)

I can create an interface with underscores using uci, what is the
restriction with Luci??

/etc/shorewall/luci# cat test
config 'rule' 'queue001'
        option 'active' '0'
        option 'action' 'QUEUE'
        option 'source' '$FW'
        option 'dest' 'loc'

/etc/shorewall/luci# uci -c ./ set test.wan_001=rule
/etc/shorewall/luci# uci -c ./ commit test
/etc/shorewall/luci# cat test

config 'rule' 'queue001'
        option 'active' '0'
        option 'action' 'QUEUE'
        option 'source' '$FW'
        option 'dest' 'loc'

config 'rule' 'wan_001'

If there is a restriction, I have been unable to locate the code where it
does the checking - any pointers would be great !!

thx
rick