[luci] Splash Configuration

mickey mickey at netfreaks.org
Thu Oct 22 20:56:13 CEST 2009

Hello,

Clemens John schrieb:
> What does the configuration variables
> 'splash_network' and 'splash_prefix' mean?
>
> Does they mean that a client connected to the node get´s an IP from
> the '10.104.0.0/16' network?
Yes.

> Shouldn´t the client get an IP from the same network the mesh IP
> adress is in?
Not neccessarily.

> How does the current configuration work and why?
For the DHCP Clients an additional subnet is defined and assigned to a
virtual interface, e.g. ath0:1

Clients who send DHCPREQUEST will get assigend an address of this
network range with the router as gateway. The router performs NAT for
them to the rest of the world, inclunding mesh and internet.

> Clemens
Mickey

P.S: I am not the coder of this and all of the above description is just
assumption. ;-)