[luci] can i use luci as admin front-end for non-openwrt ARM system?

Steven Barth steven at midlink.org
Fri Jul 23 12:31:04 CEST 2010

Hi Robert,

cross-compiling itself should not be a big deal. The Makefiles you use for
compiling things locally are the same that are used for cross compiling. Only
the parameters / environment is different, meaning you have to set the c-
compiler (CC) the linker (LD) and so on to the appropriate cross-compilers
while building and make sure you have an appropriate cross-compiling toolchain
for the platform. In the end its the standard-procedure of cross-compiling on
Linux. There is also no need for autotools in LuCI.

You should in theory be able to use all the components in other Linux
environments however the more high-level parts (form generation / validation)
are specifically designed for the universal configuration interface (UCI) which
is used by OpenWrt and which requires translation to the application-specific
configuration formats before running (this is if you use LuCI to configure
applications on your device).

Regards,

Steven