[luci] can i use luci as admin front-end for non-openwrt ARM system?

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Fri Jul 23 12:16:02 CEST 2010

  hi, new to luci so this is potentially a dumb question -- can i
cross-compile luci and use it as the graphical admin front-end for an
arbitrary ARM system?  specifically, technologic's TS-7260 board:

http://www.embeddedarm.com/products/board-detail.php?product=TS-7260

  i understand that i'd undoubtedly have to write new modules that
are appropriate for such a system, but is this even doable?

  as a start, i checked out the svn trunk of luci to my ubuntu 10.04
system, had to install a new packages:

  * libtk_img
  * bwidget
  * lua5.1, liblua5.1-0, liblua5.1-0-dev

then as the first experiment i ever run, i just try to natively
compile the source.

  from the Makefile, i first tried

  $ make gccbuild

which seemed to work fine, after which:

  $ make luabuild

which also seemed to compile just fine (again, this is a native build
on a 64-bit ubuntu x86 system, so i'm just experimenting with the
build process).

  at that point, just following along in the Makefile, i ran:

  $ make runhttpd &

and i can browse to localhost:8080/luci

and get the luci screen.  and that's where i am now, which was all
fairly straightforward, but at this point, what are my options for
cross-compiling for a non-Openwrt system?  thanks.

rday

p.s.  i will, quite possibly, have more beginner-level questions later
after i read more of the docs.

--

                        http://crashcourse.ca