[luci] [LuCI] #167: dhcp-splash (luci-app-splash 0.9+svn6512-1) not working with backfire 10.3.1-rc4 (brcm47xx)

LuciTrac trac at luci.subsignal.org
Thu Nov 25 09:54:34 CET 2010

#167: dhcp-splash (luci-app-splash 0.9+svn6512-1) not working with backfire
10.3.1-rc4 (brcm47xx)
-------------------------------+--------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  reporter           |       Owner:
     Type:  defect             |      Status:  new
Component:  LuCI Applications  |    Keywords:  luci,  backfire, luci-app-splash, splash
-------------------------------+--------------------------------------------
 I installed backfire-10.3.1-rc4 on a linksys wrt43gl. After that, I
 manually installed the freifunk packages over ssh with "opkg install luci-
 freifunk-community". The router is connected to internet.

 When I connect to the wireless network, my computer gets an ip address,
 but as soon I open a browser and try to connect to the internet, I won't
 get anything but a "Server not found". It seems, that the splash
 forwarding isn't working correctly.

 Even though, splash is working with backfire-10.3.1-rc4 on the brcm-2.4
 target and it is working as well with my own baked images which are
 integrating luci from trunk. My own made images were put together as
 followed:

 backfire-10.3.1-rc4 (brcm47xx) with luci-trunk revision 6548
 backfire-10.3.1-rc4 (brcm47xx) with luci-trunk revision 6548
 openwrt from trunk (brcm47xx revision 24064 with b43) with luci-trunk
 revision 6548
 openwrt from trunk (brcm47xx revision 24064 with broadcom-wl) with luci-
 trunk 6548

 When I compare the output of "iptables -L" on the brcm-2.4 target and on
 the brcm47xx target, I don't see any differences.

 Why isn't it working with backfire-10.3.1-rc4? Where is the difference
 between brcm47xx and brcm-2.4 regarding luci-app-splash? Where could I
 search further?

--
Ticket URL: <http://luci.subsignal.org/ticket/167>
LuCI <http://luci.subsignal.org>