[luci] Bootstrap theme for LuCI

Jo-Philipp Wich xm at subsignal.org
Fri Feb 3 14:20:49 CET 2012

Hi David.

> I've created a new theme for LuCI. It's clean, modern and based on
> Twitter Bootstrap. It's been tested on a TP-Link WR1043n and a Carambola
> under Firefox, Safari and IE8. The responses so far are quite positive,
> so if anyone feels like it it would be great to include it in the
> development repository.

It looks great indeed! I just tried it on a 10.03.1 release.
I could imagine this being the new default theme for the next release :)

Unfortunately it breaks in various places but I can understand that its
not up to the theme to fixup underlying HTML deficiencies, this must be
sorted out separately.

One thing I noticed is that it seems to use fixed (or minimal width?)
table cells which introduces horizontal scrolling various places, e.g.
the VLAN setup. Is this an inherent property of the bootstrap framework
or a deliberate choice in the CSS? I haven't looked into the styling
rules yet.

Thanks for your contribution, very appreciated!

Regards,
Jow