[luci] Bootstrap theme for LuCI

David Menting | Nut & Bolt david at nut-bolt.nl
Fri Feb 3 17:43:52 CET 2012

Hi Jow,

Thanks for having a look. I know it breaks in several modules but this is mostly due to the fact that the modules spit out inline styles and reuse html elements in sloppy ways. I'm using a non-intrusive way of fixing these anomalies: the <body> gets a class="node.title" so that every node can be styled separately if required. I'll document this on the GitHub repo so that people can go ahead and fix the styling in their particular cases.

The width is fluid with a maximum of 940px. That's a deliberate choice: in for instance the OpenWrt theme labels got separated very far from their corresponding input elements. I really think the pages that cause horizontal scrolling should be fixed so that it is also possible to configure your OpenWrt device on for instance a tablet or smartphone. Could you add these as an issue on the GitHub repo?

I don't mind going through some often-used modules and fixing them so that they put out nicer html, as I think that is a better way to solve these problems than patching up every single future theme.

Cheers,

David Menting | Nut & Bolt