[luci] luci-app-openvpn dependencies

Stefan Sydow st at metafly.info
Thu Nov 21 18:19:36 CET 2013

Hi Jow

>> Is there a common way to express an alternative dependency in luci
>> Makefiles?
>
> Unfortunately this is not possible in the OpenWrt buildroot at the
> moment. There is no provides or alternatives mechanism therfore it is
> not possible to depend on multiple candidates.

Yes, that's the problem I saw.

> Making openvpn-polarssl condidtionally dependant on its own symbol would
> introduce a recursive dependency which might break menuconfig.

I'm not sure if I expressed  clearly enough what I didn't understand.

package/feeds/luci/luci/Makefile:402 :
$(eval $(call application,openvpn,LuCI Support for OpenVPN,\
	+PACKAGE_luci-app-openvpn:openvpn @BROKEN))

I read "luci-app-openvpn depends on openvpn if PACKAGE_luci-app-openvpn"
and wonder if PACKAGE_luci-app-openvpn is the same as luci-app-openvpn.

In that case it could just be like:
$(eval $(call application,openvpn,LuCI Support for OpenVPN,\
	+openvpn @BROKEN))

And be modified to:
$(eval $(call application,openvpn,LuCI Support for OpenVPN,\
	+!openvpn-polarssl:openvpn @BROKEN))

> The only way I see is to not depend on any specific OpenVPN
> implementation but to simply print an error in the ui if no openvpn
> executable is found on the system.

I consider this a good hack to get it going.
Another way that came to my mind were two packages using the same source.
But I think I prefer yours.

Stefan