[luci] Translation problems

Christian Schoenebeck christian.schoenebeck at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 20:47:06 CEST 2014

I'm currently setting up .pot and german .po file for my rewritten luci-app-ddns(-v2).
In my .pot I removed all stings which are already defined inside templates/base.pot

Here I found out, that i.e. "D"isabled is translated correctly into "D"eaktiviert
but a translation for "d"isabled is missing in de/base.po
So my idea was to register at http://luci.subsignal.org/pootle and try to correct the problem but no chance.
There only exist "D"isabled.

Using my application it's showing the difference: "D"isabled shown translated, "d"isabled" not.

What's the correct way to define translations ?
how to mark that there is no difference between small and capital chars ?
Modify .po (having two entries) or is there a problem with pootle ?
What did I wrong.

Thanks for support

Christian