[luci] Why wpa is only available for atheros, mac80211 or prism2?

Luca Olivetti luca at ventoso.org
Tue Sep 23 10:34:33 CEST 2014

Hello,

I'm trying to use a wifi usb adapter based on the mediatek mt7601u with
openwrt

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.embedded.openwrt.devel/27025

now that I have the driver working, I'm trying to configure it through
luci, and the problem is that it doesn't let me set wpa, only no
encryption and wep.

It turns out that in model/cbi/admin_network/wifi.lua it only adds those
options for the hardcoded drivers atheros, mac80211 or prism2.
In fact there are other things there that are hardcoded to a specific
driver.
Maybe those parameters could be obtained from the corresponding
/lib/wifi/xxxx.sh script?

Another problem I have is that this driver only works in sta or ad-hoc
mode, but luci always offers also ap mode.
Oh, and scanning only works if the interface is up, but luci doesn't
ifup it so the scan result is empty unless I do an "ifconfig ra0 up"
from a shell session.

Bye
--
Luca