[luci] problem installing luci from source

Lucile Quirion lucile.quirion at savoirfairelinux.com
Wed Feb 11 16:46:37 CET 2015

On 2015-02-10 01:40, rzz wrote:
> hi
> i tried o install luci step by step on my openwrt os according to this
> site’s steps.
> http://luci.subsignal.org/trac/wiki/Installation
> and everything was good .
> but i want to change luci webpage on my openwrt a little , i talk to
> somebody about changing luci interface . she said to me to “download
> luci from it's source packages on github , then change it however yo
> want and  then install on your ubuntu os , then try to take image from
> that ubuntu os for openwrt , then when your openwrt has been installed
> your luci interface is changed .”
> is it good idea ?
> bytheway i tried it , i've got problem when i try to install luci from
> that packages i downloaded from github . is there any tutorial to
> install luci this way?
> or is there any better idea to change luci's interface ?
> thank you.

Hello,

You can run Luci in standalone mode once you've installed its dependancies.

$ cd feeds/luci
$ make runhttpd

The interface will be available on http://localhost:8080/luci/

Check this page:
http://luci.subsignal.org/trac/wiki/Documentation/DevelopmentEnvironmentHowTo

However it may interfere with your openwrt build. I recommend cleaning
the LuCI repository before building the target image.

--
Lucile