[luci] Engenius hotspot extender with LuCI Trunk (0.12+svn-r10522) and trying to connect to Proximus_auto_fon

Br Ol accbrol at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 14:43:39 CET 2016

Hi,

I bought an Engenius Hotspot extender
(http://engenius-europe.com/index.php/product-zoo/hotspot-extender-for-motorhome-yacht-campsite)
and I want to use it to connect to the FON network in Belgium.
There is an open fon network and they also have a closed fon network
(faster, more secure) so I want to connect to the closed FON network
for sure.
I can connect to it with my windows 10 laptop without a problem so my
account information is correct
When I try with my hotspot extender, it doesn't work.

According to Proximus, they use the following settings:
- 802.11 g
- WPA2 Enterprise
- EAP - TTLS
- MSCHAPv2

I checked the following URL's for info:
http://stdio.be/blog/2015-09-09-OpenWRT-config-for-connecting-to-Proximus-FON-encrypted-SSID/
https://nxadm.wordpress.com/2015/04/14/post-it-proximus_auto_fon-and-telenetwifree-belgium-from-gnulinux-or-windows-7/
https://www.proximus.be/support/en/id_sfaqr_hot_connect/personal/support/internet/internet-on-the-go/surf-fon-hotspot-wifi-hotspots/connect-to-a-wi-fi-hotspot.html

In my settings I enter the following:

Encryption: WPA2-EAP   (also tried WPA-EAP)
cipher: auto (also tried FORCE CCMP (AES) )
EAP-Method: TTLS
CA-cert: ==> used the one from
http://stdio.be/blog/2015-09-09-OpenWRT-config-for-connecting-to-Proximus-FON-encrypted-SSID/
  ------ but also tried without one
Authentication: MSCHAPV2
Anonymous identity: [empty]  ----> tried also with "whatever at proximusfon.be"
Identity: my_login_account at proximusfon.be
Password: my_login_password

...So the settings seem to be correct but I can't make a connection.
Any suggestions ?
Thanks.